Undergraduate Course

Undergraduate degrees at UK universities

After completing higher secondary school certificate/foundation course an international student can apply for an undergraduate degree in the UK/Canada universities.  All of the overseas undergraduate applications for UK universities are managed by different organisations, which are Universities and Colleges Admission Services (UCAS. A Bachelor’s degree is the most common and widely available type of undergraduate qualification, with thousands of courses available across the UK. Studying for a bachelor’s at a UK university will give you an in-depth understanding of one or more subjects.

It typically takes three to four years of full-time study to complete a Bachelor’s degree, with many institutions offering a year in industry or study abroad programme. Some courses, such as medicine and architecture, are exceptions to this rule and run for much longer.

How a Bachelor is assessed will depend on its denomination. As well as sitting exams, BA students can expect to submit essay assignments and give presentations, while BSc students may undergo practical lab-based tests.

Types of undergraduate degrees

  • Most of the undergraduate/bachelor’s degrees at UK universities are 3 years. These degrees include different modules along with seminars, lectures and workshops
  • Some degrees like engineering and science are 4 years
  • Short undergraduate degrees:
    • Diploma of Higher Education: this is a 2-year full-time degree course
    • Certificate of Higher Education: this is 1 year full-time, and 2 years part-time course. The international students cannot enrol in 2 years part-time course due to the UKVI/Home Office regulation

Entry Requirement:

University Undergraduate courses generally have two types of entry requirements for international students:

  1. Academic requirements
  2. Language proficiency
  3. Academic Requirement:

-10+12 Years with 50% marks


-Three GCE A levels (including International A Levels)

-The International Baccalaureate Diploma

-SQA Highers and Advanced Highers (many programmes will accept Highers without additional Advanced Highers)

-The Cambridge Pre-U (minimum three separate subjects)

-A mix of A levels and Cambridge Pre-U subjects (minimum three in total)

-The Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level

-The European Baccalaureate

-Other qualifications may be considered for some programmes, for example:

-The Advanced Diploma

-Appropriate BTEC National or Higher National Qualifications achieved with merit and distinctions

  1. English Language requirement:

*IELTS score of minimum 5.5 is required for international students wishing to study an Undergraduate, with no single element less than 5.5(UKVI approved IELTS required for UK Undergraduate courses).

*Or TOEFL – no less than IBT at least 60 or equivalent.

Please note that, few of the countries do not need IELTS. Please contract us for more information.


*January, May and September

Course Duration and Fees

*Duration for undergraduate courses usually 3 years.

*Fees starting from £6000-£35000 thousand depend on the countries and institutions

Support from us to enrol in undergraduate course at UK universities:

  • We will guide you how to contact and deal with Universities and Colleges Admission Services (UCAS)
  • We will provide you information and guidelines about IELTS preparation courses, and to improve your English
  • We will help you for free IELTS practice tests that will support you to improve your IELTS scores.
  • We will guide you how to prepare a standard personal statement
  • We will provide information about several institutions/universities (which offer undergraduate courses) and their requirements
  • We will support you in UK visa application and getting visa for undergraduate courses
  • We will guide you for collecting other documents including reference letters, certificates and transcripts from your previous schools/colleges.
Exit mobile version